Distance 10.8 km
The Forcella del Sassolungo is one among the highest lookout points of Val Gardena, therefore it is a real attraction. You can reach the forcella by foot or by taking a rustic gondola lift with a magnificent view of the Stone City below.
Getting thereThe hike starts from Monte Pana in S. Crisitina, which you can reach by taking the chairlift Monte Pana from the centre of S. Cristina (free car park at the valley station).
You can reach Monte Pana also by private car (chargeable car park) or by foot (approx. 40 min and 200 m of elevation).
32T 709062 5157487
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view