The path stats from the parish church along the Luis Trenker Promenade until the hous “Bera Lui”. Right behind it, on the playground, turn left and there rises a path that brings you to the Grohmann street. At the curve, close to the Nis farm you reach the beginning of the Grohmann trail, you go through shady valleys and pretty meadow slopes that takes you to the monument. From there you can continue walking for 15 minutes to S. Giacomo, and visit the overlying S. Giacomo Church, walking 20 minutes more. From the church you can walk down to Col de Flam and then back to the village.
The academic section "Vienna" built in 1898, on the slopes of St. Jacob, a monument of red porphyry with bronze relief, in honor of its famous member, Paul Grohmann, the greatest pioneer of the Dolomites, at that time still living. From the many benches, you have a magnificent view of the Sassolungo, whose mean peak is named after the mountain pioneer.
Basic Equipment for City Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Cash and cards
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.